Kizano Corp was formed in 2005 by Mr. David Young. The company initially focused on government contracting opportunities building on the founder’s experience as a federal contracting officer. Our first subcontract was awarded in 2006 where we provided acquisition support to the U.S. Department of Interior.
Since then, the significant milestones in our history include:
- 2007: Began a four-year relationship with George Mason University providing instructional services
- 2010: Awarded our first prime contract from the Department of Veterans Affairs
- 2012: Certified as a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business
- 2012: Accepted into the Small Business Administration 8(a) program
- 2013: Awarded our first multi-million-dollar contract from the Department of Veterans Affairs
- 2013: Quality Management System certified to meet ISO 9001:2008 standards
- 2013: Awarded our first DOD prime contract to support the U.S. Army Material Command
- 2014 – 2019: number of federal government customers increased each year to include, Army, Air Force, Dept. of State, VA, HUD, DOT, DOJ, and Defense Health Agency
- 2018 – Quality Management System certified to meet ISO 9001:2015 standards
Most recently, we have reorganized to better manage our continued growth. Mr. Young, our founder, retains the role of Chief Executive Officer focusing on strategic growth opportunities with Mr. Jay Gillis assuming the role of President focused on aligning effort and resources to the organization’s mission and vision. Ms. Paige Faulk serves as the Senior Vice President and provides executive leadership in support of corporate goals and objectives. Collectively our leadership team works to ensure continued growth and that Kizano is a great place to work for our employees.